That was somewhat the effect of what I said to my voice teacher this afternoon.
I went from singing a song from Mozart's Don Giovanni, to a piece from a pop-influenced Broadway song!! It was quite a fantastical experience, I must admit. I enjoyed every second of it, it just struck me as odd..
Batti Batti takes me up through the higher part of my range- though not quite as far as I can go ;) - whereas Someone Else's Story (From "Chess") contains the lowest notes of all the songs in my training repertoire. (The links attached are both to the songs as found on youtube; I felt Batti Batti is most appreciated in its true theatrical setting, and thus attached a corresponding video =] But if you would like to listen to it in a... the word isn't "better" ...just easier to listen to, then I suggest watching this version of Batti Batti. He voice is stunning. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment